Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Casa Boedo

As per a previous blog, this trip to Argentina,(after visiting my little girl of course) was meant to be a more productive visit, and I had decided to produce a documentary on the true nature and culture of the city, country & people.  The purpose of the flick was to rise above my own prejudices and give everyone a voice who otherwise did not.  After moving into a share house in Boedo (the birth place of tango) weird shit ensued as I found myself living in a building of trippers, gay couples and drag queens..  The bear scene in particular was particularly creepy and a found it challenging to get settled at start.  Bears and Chasers did end up featuring in the film, and it was educational to say the least...  It was however an important theme in light of the new Gay Marriage Legislation that had been passed by Christina Kirschner the previous year, the 10th country in the world, and the first in South America.

The first weekend after moving in a house party was thrown to celebrate the joint birthdays of one of my housemates and his friend.  And man, they know how to throw a good party.  Fancy dress was the theme, each gay frocking up as a trannie... I managed to find a blonde wig and pulled off a last minute surfer dude look.  Acid was distributed to all housemates, while most other party attendees came strapped with little baggies of powder and copious amounts of booze, and thats when the chaos ensued.

My spanish still had a lot to be desired and struggled to understand in group scenarios, as opposed to one on ones where I was doing OK.  So I dropped my 'Pepa' grabbed my camera and this is what happened...

No comments:

Post a Comment